The SC Safe Elections is about ensuring that:
- South Carolina citizens’ votes are accurate and transparent
- Voter registration rolls are maintained in a timely and accurate manner
- There is accountability, accuracy, and auditability of the election process
We are a grassroots group of concerned citizens all over the state of South Carolina who want to return confidence to the election process. Furthermore, we are nonpartisan and aim to document the many areas of election maladministration and irregularities that took place in 2020 as well as elections since then and to educate citizens and legislators.
We have been working 24/7 on our own dime and our own time since the 2020 election trying to keep our SC elections safe and secure. To do that, we have been doing Freedom of Information Act requests, digging into affidavits and information about money that was poured into our counties through Mark Zuckerberg’s CTCL (Center for Tech and Civic Life). Also, we’ve been asking hard questions, reviewing voter rolls, identifying illegitimate voters on the rolls, and examining our election management system in detail.
We have three main goals:
- Convince our legislators to pass adequate election reform to ensure that our election was fair, free, transparent, and secure. Ideally we would like to return to one day of voting, minimal absentee balloting and a secure hand counted, paper ballot system. WE also need to return the power back to the local level–counties and precincts.
- Return to paper ballots and poll books. It has been proven time and time again that our election management systems can be penetrated. The only way to protect against that is to return to a paper ballot system. Absentee balloting should be kept to an absolute minimum and strong proof of voter ID should be instituted and enforced.
- Clean the voter rolls and reform our registration process. Currently we use information from the ERIC system to move people from active status to inactive if they move or die, however, this system is not working well. (In fact, Non-ERIC states have more accurate rolls than states enrolled in ERIC.) We continue to see people in both categories who are still active and who are voting. This whole process needs to be revamped and registering to vote should include verification of all appropriate paperwork to confirm legal voting status.
Our team has been working together for over 2 years as an intact team on our own time and our own dime. We are the election experts in South Carolina.
“A man without a vote is a man without protection.”
― Lyndon B. Johnson